Friday, October 2, 2009

bp2_2009101_Google Reader

The Following are the feeds that I have chosen to add to my Google Reader for educational purposes:

MENC – The National Association for Music Education

MENC is a music educator’s best friend when it comes to new developments in music education, National Standards, lesson plans, and anything related to music education. I am constantly checking MENC for updates and the RSS feed will constantly keep me up-to-date so that I don’t need to check the website. As a professional member of MENC it is important that I subscribe to this feed.

USSBA Marching Band Network

The United States Scholastic Band Association is one of the main marching circuits that High School Bands compete in. This feed will keep me up to date with the marching band world, which I currently teach in. Since the band I work with competes in USSBA, it is important that I know the show schedules, rules, scores and new events.

SmartMusic – SmartMusic Blog

SmartMusic is a program that I use with my students both in group lessons and in private lessons, which is why I added this blog to my reader. SmartMusic is always adding new repertoire and now I will be alerted to new music, without having to check the website. This feed will also give me articles and tips by professionals who are developing the program further.

MusTech.Net: Music Education, Music Technology, & Education

Another subject that I taught last year was music technology and since it holds a high level of interest for me I added this site to my reader. The articles will keep me up-to-date with new technology that I can use in the music classroom and videos that I can share with my students.

The North American Saxophone Alliance

As a member of NASA, it’s important that I keep up to date with what is going on in the saxophone world. NASA holds contests, creates publications, and has resources available for all saxophonists. As a private lesson teacher for saxophonists, this feed will give me information that I can pass on to my students.

Selmer Musical Instruments

As a band director, it’s important to offer students a variety of options for instrument purchases. Selmer is a well-known and respect instrument manufacturer. This feed will allow me to keep up with new instrument models and other Selmer products.

Welcome to the North Penn Music Program

I currently work with both the North Penn Marching Knights and the North Penn Jazz Band, so it’s important that I know what is going on with the music program.

No comments:

Post a Comment